Don’t be daunted by the presentation on this salad- it is worth the effort! (And this salad can be served as wedges rather than as molded circles) A rather simple salad from Lespri, the flavor is in the dressing on this one. Creamy, and rich with buttermilk and sour cream, these flavors are balanced out with a variety of spices and seasonings. See, and make it, for yourself.
- 2 heads iceburg lettuce
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 red onion, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 1-2 cups blue cheese
- 4 ounces bacon, cooked
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- 3/4 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 2 splashes Tabasco
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Combine ingredients in a blender, or use an emulsifying blender to blend until smooth.
- Rinse and cut lettuce into wedges, or, at Lespri, they use a 3-inch ring mold to cut lettuce into "pucks" and serve two stacked on top of each other per serving.
- Stack a slice of tomato and onion on each serving.
- Generously top with ranch dressing and a 1/4 cup of blue cheese.
- Roughly chop bacon and sprinkle on top.