Spring is in the air in Park City, and that means Easter is almost here. It seems like the perfect time to share with you a recipe from our friends at Mountain Town Olive Oil Co. This lemon olive oil pound cake is perfectly light for an Easter dessert. It is very easy to make, and this recipe will make two full loaf pans. Feel free to easily add a glaze to this cake, homemade whipped cream, or even some fresh berries on top. Happy baking and good luck on your Easter meal prep.
Mountain Town Lemon Olive Oil Pound Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup MTOO meyer lemon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large cold eggs, plus 1 cold egg yolk
- 1/2 cup vanilla soy milk or almond milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Heat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour two loaf pans or line with parchment.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt thoroughly in a large bowl and sift together. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, using the whisk attachment, beat the sugar, lemon olive oil, lemon zest, and vanilla on high speed until well blended. Add the eggs one at a time; beating well after each addition. Beat for 3-5 minutes until mixture is thick and pale yellow.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy milk and sour cream. Stop the mixer and pour in half of the soy milk mixture. Beat until blended. Repeat with half of the flour, followed by the remaining soy milk mixture and then the remaining flour. Scrape the batter into the two loaf pans.
- Bake for 50–60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool the pans on a rack.