Merry Christmas, everyone! If you’re up to your eyes in pies, here’s a fun way to mix up dessert – literally.
Chef Zane Holmquist from Stein Eriksen Lodges shared his recipe for transforming pumpkin or pecan pie into a milkshake. Yes, a pieshake. And if you’re feel a little hesitant throwing pie into a blender, this is an adult milkshake so go ahead and have some whiskey to get things going.
But don’t be scared because Chef Holmquist describes this dessert as, “mind-blowing yumminess.” And why stop there? Why not also try whatever other pies you may have leftover from Christmas and see what happens? The pie’s the limit!
- 4 large scoops of quality vanilla ice cream
- 3 cups of whole milk
- 3 slices of pumpkin pie (or pecan pie)
- 4oz. of Utah’s High West Double Rye or other Bourbon or Rye
- whipped cream
- dash of cinnamon
- 2 malt/milk shake glasses, 20oz.
- 2 straws
- Place all ingredients, except the whipped cream, together in a blender
- Puree until smooth with a milk shake constancy
- Pour the shake into a frozen 20 ounce malt/milk shake glass, garnish with whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon