You don’t have to be Betty Crocker to dazzle your family and friends with your dessert skills. Nope, all you need is the wild blueberry cobbler with streusel topping recipe from Riverhorse on Main. Of course, you can’t get Riverhorse’s trendy, urban vibe, live music and historic setting in Masonic Hall at home. But you can get private chef and catering service by award-winning executive chef and co-owner Seth Adams anywhere you like, for intimate parties of two and for parties as large as 200. For the unfamiliar, Riverhorse on Main is one of the oldest and most distinguished restaurants in Park City’s historic district. We can’t get enough of their eclectic American cuisine and the uncomplicated seasonality that is present in their dishes.
Other menu items include:
POACHED PEAR AND BURRATA SALAD: Figs, stuffed dates, local honey, aged balsamic vinegar
POTATO-STUFFED PEROGIES: sweet potato puree, sage brown butter, crispy kale
PAN-ROASTED PORK TOMAHAWK: tomato bread pudding, bacon Brussels sprouts, porter butter
WILD GAME TRIO: North American buffalo, venison and elk, port wine, huckleberry, soft polenta
- For the filling:
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 pounds (8 pints) fresh blueberries
- 4 teaspoons lemon zest
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons salt
- For the streusel:
- 1/2 pound butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil for 1 minute.
- Add the blueberries and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining filling ingredients and combine thoroughly.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool mixture.
- Using a mixer with a paddle attachment, combine all streusel ingredients until mixed thoroughly.
- Using an 8-ounce, shallow baking dish, spoon 1 cap of filling into the dish.
- Top each cup of filling with a 1/2 cup of streusel topping.
- Bake for 12 minutes at 350 F until golden brown.
- Top with vanilla ice cream if desired.
RIVERHORSE ON MAIN
Four-star dining in a historic Main Street building
Dinner at 5 p.m. nightly; happy hour 5-7 p.m.| 540 Main St.
435.649.3536 | riverhorseparkcity.com