There is something for everyone at Versante. Fresh and flavorful, you will be treated to innovative dishes, craft cocktails and attentive service. Keep your eyes peeled (and tuned into Dishing) for their grand opening of their outdoor dining, to be available soon.
Taking a break from the summer salad series, we decided to share a recipe from our current issue’s Ask For It section. Versante provided us with their recipe for their tomato jam and lemon ricotta crostini, a perfect appetizer for entertaining. Don’t be surprised if this gets added to your favorites list. Pick up a copy of Dishing today and get all the summer edition recipes shared by local restaurants.
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh oregano, minced
- 4 pounds tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 ounces basil, chiffonade
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 slices bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons balsamic reduction
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- Sauté garlic in olive oil until translucent.
- Add oregano and diced tomatoes and sauté for 5 minutes to pull out the juices.
- Add sugar, and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Strain off tomatoes, reserving liquid.
- Spread tomatoes onto parchment-lined sheet pan to cool.
- Reduce tomato liquid by half into a light syrup.
- Fold tomatoes and syrup together.
- Fold in basil and season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble, spread ricotta cheese on bread. Top with tomato jam and lemon zest. Drizzle with balsamic reduction and pesto and season with salt.