I absolutely love vinaigrette dressings. So easy to make, and so diverse. But I have never made a vinaigrette with a beer base. So when we were given this recipe from Wasatch Brew Pub, we just had to share. This vinaigrette incorporates Wasatch Apricot Hefeweizen into the ingredients along with white balsamic vinegar. Paired with fresh grilled salmon, this is a summertime palate pleaser!
- For the Dressing:
- 6 ounces Wasatch Apricot Hefeweizen
- 1 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 tablespoon black pepper
- 3/4 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- For the Salad:
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1 tablespoon chopped, fresh cilantro
- 2 whole radishes, shredded
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- 5 ounces fresh salmon filet
- To prepare the dressing, place all ingredients, except olive and canola oils, in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Slowly add canola and olive oils and combine until thoroughly incorporated.
- To prepare the salmon, salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush with olive oil.
- Grill on a well oiled grill until cooked through.
- To prepare the salad, place greens in a large salad bowl.
- Arrange the remaining ingredients, except the salmon, over the top of the greens.
- Top with salmon and drizzle with dressing.