After of a month of tasting, voting and anticipation, the Park City cocktail contest has announced a winner. Made by The Brass Tag’s bartender Josh Hockman, the Evangeline cocktail took home the grand prize
The online contest, which took place in July, included 16 bars and restaurants that competed this year. Ballots were cast online by visiting the PCARA website. Voters rated each drink on a 1-to-10 scale judging both flavor and presentation.
The Brass Tag’s cocktail, the Evangeline, earned an average 10 out of 10 rating. This winning cocktail earned 3,287 votes out of 10,526 total votes, taking first place. The Brass Tag’s bartender Josh Hockman will be awarded a $200 cash prize and featured in a marketing campaign leading up to the PCARA’s popular fall Dine About event. Plus, in a town with more than 70 bars and restaurants, The Brass Tag gets to take home some serious bragging rights.
“This contest was a blast, and we’re honored that voters loved Josh’s creation,” Deer Valley Director of Food and Beverage Jodie Rogers said. “It was a close competition with a lot of great cocktails. We are thrilled for Josh and his talent for mixology and glad he’s part of the Deer Valley family.”
- 1 1/2 ounces Beehive Jackrabbit Gin
- 1/2 a bar spoon of black currant Cassis Shrub
- 3 ounces Rose Lemonade
- 1 1/2 ounce basil infused local honey
- Lemon string and basil garnish
- Combine all ingredients, except the rose lemonade into a shaker, fill with ice.
- Stir for 10 seconds and strain into a stemmed beer glass filled with ice.
- Top with rose lemonade.
- Garnish with lemon strings and basil leaf.