Bread pudding is one of my favorite desserts. If a restaurant has bread pudding on the menu, I am sure to save room for and order it. What I like about Bistro 412’s bread pudding is the presentation of individual muffin-shaped portions and the addition of blueberries. Plus, the scoop of chocolate ganache satisfies the sweet tooth.
Make this delectable dessert at home or head on over to Bistro 412 on Main Street and have a savory lunch or dinner. But don’t forget to save room for the bread pudding. Special thanks to Bistro 412 for sharing their recipe. Click HERE for the recipe as seen in Dishing Issue 5.
- 2 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, split
- 6 eggs
- 6 croissants cubed
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate
- Chocolate ganache (optional)
- Simmer cream, sugar and split vanilla pod for 5 minutes.
- Let cool and discard vanilla pod.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs while slowly adding cream mixture.
- In a big mixing bowl, add cubed croissants, blueberries, and white chocolate.
- Pour cream over croissants and completely combine.
- Ina greased and floured muffin tin, portion bread pudding.
- Cover with plastic wrap and aluminum foil.
- Cook in a water bath for 35 minutes at 350 F.
- Top with a scoop of chocolate ganache.