Bourbon lovers: this one’s for you. Blind Dog’s Figgy McShane pairs bourbon with lemon juice, Cointreau and fig preserves for a bourbon drink that has a little less bite to it. From summer to fall, the flavors in this cocktail can be enjoyed year-round.
- 2 ounces bourbon, Bulleit or Buffalo Trace
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2-1 ounce Cointreau
- 1 teaspoon high-quality fig preserves
- Orange slice for garnish
- Place a rocks glass in the freezer to chill.
- Put ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Add all of the ingredients to a shaker and shake vigorously until the outside of the shaker turns frosty.
- Pour into chilled glass.
- Garnish with an orange slice.