Beets lend dishes a rich, vibrant color that makes them as beautiful as they are tasty. Deer Valley Grocery and Cafe’s beet hummus elevates the popular snack with deep red hues and a flavorful finish. This show stopper can be made at home with the following recipe.
- 2 medium to large beets
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 lemon
- 1 orange, peeled and seeded
- 2 tablespoons mint
- 2 tablespoons dill
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Steam or boil one of the beets.
- Let chill, then peel and roughly chop.
- Peel and chop remaining raw beet.
- Drain and rinse garbanzo beans.
- Add beets to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients and process again until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Keep chilled.