No Name Saloon has always been one of my favorite places to grab a bite with friends. Their buffalo burgers are awesome, but ever since I tried the turkey burger, it has been so hard to go back! I find myself craving them all the time. They are healthy but still incredibly juicy and flavorful, and I would love to know how to make them at home. ~Brett Cunningham, Park City, Utah
Sure, burgers are typically a summer-season staple. But let’s be real: burgers never go out of style — especially when it’s not only flavorful and juicy, but also better for you.
The legendary turkey burger at No Name Saloon fits all of these characteristics. While we love the kitschy feel of the bar as well as the rooftop deck in the spring and summer, it’s also nice to not have to go out and fight the crowds this time of year.
That’s why we went straight to the source to get the exact recipe that No Name uses to make their famous turkey burgers. And we were pleased to learn the ingredients are pretty basic: just salt, pepper and cilantro mixed with ground turkey! Next time you have a hankering for a tasty turkey burger, try this recipe to make your own at home.
- Ground turkey, 1/4 pound per person
- Chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- American cheese
- Burger buns
- Mix ground turkey with chopped cilantro, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on a flat top, griddle or skillet until the internal temperature reaches 180 F.
- Just before it has finished cooking, top with cheese to melt.
- Meanwhile, spread mayonnaise on a bun.
- Place cooked patty on buns and top with the rest of the garnishes, including some reserved cilantro.