We’ve found a snack that’s got cheese, crunch and subtle, jalapeno-induced spice. This perfect bar snack can be consumed by the handful at Riverhorse on Main, or made at home with this recipe:
Riverhorse on Main's Jalapeno Parmesan Popcorn
- 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 4 jalapenos
- 7 ounces butter
- Salt, to taste
- Parmesan cheese
- Place kernels in a popcorn maker and pop using olive oil.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the jalapenos and simmer in butter in a saucepan over medium heat until it clarifies, about 5-6 minutes.
- Strain off the butter, keeping out any jalapeno residue.
- Pour butter over your fresh popcorn, add salt and freshly grated Parmesan cheese to taste.
- Toss to evenly coat.