Recent cold fall days have us wanting to put that apron on and get baking! These cranberry orange scones from Stein Eriksen Lodge will have you dreaming of snowy days on the slopes and mornings sipping warm beverages. Bring the warmth of lodge life into your home with this scone recipe.
- 900 grams all-purpose flour
- 250 grams whole-wheat flour
- 230 grams sugar
- 21 grams baking powder
- 20 grams sea salt
- 40 grams orange zest (about 4 oranges)
- 230 grams dried cranberries
- 454 grams butter
- 3 eggs
- 200 grams milk
- 200 grams buttermilk
- Heavy cream
- Turbinado sugar
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- In a KitchenAid fitted with the paddle attachment or by hand, mix dry ingredients, zest and fruit.
- Add in the butter and mix until crumbly.
- Combine eggs, milk and buttermilk and add to the dry mixture.
- Mix until just combined.
- Finish kneading by hand on a floured surface, then roll out to about 2 inches thick.
- Cut to desired shape and size.
- Brush with heavy cream and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes.