The Brussels sprouts at Wine Dive– piled high with cheese, diced tomatoes, corn and pancetta, resemble a guilt-free free version of nachos. In one dish you can hit almost every part of the food pyramid and every taste bud. See for yourself when you make the recipe at home:
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup pancetta, cooked until crispy and golden brown
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1 cup Asiago cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar reduction syrup (either homemade or store-bought)
- Add Brussels sprouts, oil, salt and pepper to a cast-iron skillet.
- Place in a 450 F oven for 8-10 minutes, until sizzling.
- Remove from heat and add pine nuts, pancetta and corn.
- Mix to combine and top with the cheese.
- Place back in the oven under broil until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Top with chopped tomatoes and drizzle with balsamic reduction.
- Note: Wine Dive serves these Brussels sprouts in individual cast-iron skillets. This recipe is adapted for six individual servings or one large skillet.